Again Chinese market beat all the market for new step in Technologies, Chinese handset manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to select devices starting with Redmi Note 4, Mi Max 2, Mi 5s, Mi MIX 2, and Mi 6. Other smartphones due to receive an update in the second stage of the rollout in mid-November include the the Mi MIX 2, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi MIX, and we can expect this rollout shortly. The Chinese company has already revealed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM over-the-air (OTA) update will be restricted to only a few devices and will see a steady rollout.
For other supported Xiaomi devices, the company has confirmed that the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be available by end of this month. You can check here if your Xiaomi device is supported for the MIUI 9 update.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Mi Max 2, and Mi 6 should have started receiving the MIUI 9 via an OTA update, and all they need to do is wait it out patiently for a notification. They can alternatively even check in their Updater app, to see if the update has arrived or not. For those who are impatient however, here are the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM download links and flashing methods.
Before starting on with the flashing process, Xiaomi users should make sure their battery is above 60 percent and should take a backup of the apps and multimedia content to be on safe side. Xiaomi smartphone users will have to download Recovery or Fastboot package depending on the ROM version. If you are running the Developer ROM, then download the Recovery package with .zip extension or alternatively those running the stable ROM should download the Fastboot package with .tgz extension.
For those who have the Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2 can download and install the corresponding ROMs from Xiaomi’s website. Follow the below highlighted steps on how to download and install the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM.
Fast boot Method
1) Backup your smartphone, download Fast boot ROM.
2) Before fast booting, users must have the boot loader unlocked. Visit this page for more information on how to do that.
3) Once you unlock the boot loader, you need to enter Fast boot Mode. Do this by switching off your device and then press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously. It should power up the phone with fast boot screen.
4) Users can connect their phones with USB to PC, click Refresh button in flash tool app and it should show device ID. If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted here. Extract the fast boot ROM downloaded, to a folder on PC.
5) Open Mi Flash tool, and select Clean all in the right down corner.
6) Click Select and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fast boot ROM and click Flash
7) It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device. Users should note that they cannot remove their device while flashing.
8) Device will reboot with MIUI 9.
Recovery ROM method
1) Back up your smartphone, download the Recovery ROM to your device. Place it in internal storage.
2) Open Updater app, and click on menu on top right corner, then click Choose Update Package.
3) Choose the downloaded ROM, and click OK. Wait for the process to finish, then click Reboot.
4) Device will reboot with MIUI 9.