The Lucknow Metro is all set to be launched formally on Tuesday Morning at 12 PM in the presence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Sir and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath Sir, but the race to stake claim over the credit is already being run on Twitter today.
On Last Sunday evening, around 9:00 pm, former chief minister Akhilesh Yadav Sir tweeted some Exclusive pictures of Lucknow Metro staff and congratulated the entire Lucknow Metro team.
Taking a shot at the state BJP government, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said, “The BJP has mastered the art of taking credit without any work. In the last five months, the BJP government did not even introduce a single scheme of their own, but they are just boasting the schemes implemented by Akhilesh Yadav. A fresh example in this regard will be taking credit of the Lucknow Metro project, which was a project realized in record time by the Samajwadi Government.”
This Metro project was the ambitious project of Yadav and he often boasted Lucknow Metro as one of the achievements of his government during the 2017 state Assembly elections.
Soon after Yadav’s tweet, around 10:30 pm, the official twitter handle of UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath tweeted a short video clip of Lucknow Metro and claimed that the wait is finally over
Meet Pooja and Priyanka, the two women loco pilots who gave Union Minister Rajnath Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath their first ride on the Lucknow Metro as the two ministers flagged off Phase I of the Lucknow Metro this morning.
Metro services will be open to the public from Wednesday. The highest fare, between the two terminal stations will be Rs. 30. For now, the Lucknow Metro connects the Charbagh railway station to Transport Nagar. It would eventually stretch to the Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, which would be two stations away.
The Journey of Lucknow Metro so far
-It was announced in the budget speech of Akhilesh Yadav, who was CM in February 2013. The unit of metro cell was created by the government on May 3, 2013.
– On June 27, 2013, the 23-km North-South Corridor was approved. On November 8, 2013, the government gave permission to the LMRC unit.
– On February 25, 2014, Metro Man E Sreedharan was appointed Principal Advisor to the UP Government. On March 3, 2014, Akhilesh Yadav laid the foundation stone of the Metro Depot.
– Construction work began on 27 September 2014 from Transport Nagar to Charbagh. October 4, 2016 Transport work from Transport Nagar to Mawaiya was completed.
– A total of 8 stations include a metro station every one kilometre Within 2 minutes durations . It includes Transport Nagar, Krishna Nagar, Shringar Nagar, Alambagh, Alambagh Bus Stand, Maavaiya, Durgapuri and Charbagh Station.
– On 20th November 2016 the first set of trains was received at Transport Nagar Metro Depot. On 1st December 2016 the train depot was inaugurated and trial run was started.
– After the passage in the Lucknow Metro trial which was for 90 days, there was a speed trial in the presence of CRS.
– Post inauguration, This Metro will run daily from 6 am to 10 pm and cover a distance of 8 and a half km across 8 stations.
Like us on Facebook for more updates