Yesterday union cabinet passes the 7th pay commission which will benefited to 48 lakh government employees. This will be effective from 1st july.
The new pay commission will give extra burden of Rs 30,748 crore per annum to the government, Rs 1,488 crore more than Rs 29,300 crore estimated by the Pay Commission due to modification in recommendations made by the government. It will benefit 34 lakh government employees and 14 lakh pensioners. This news coming when the GST is ready to implement ,so thus will give satisfactions to government sector employees.
This pay commission examined 197 allounces and passes after 34 modifications .this is done by report submitted by Ashok Lavasa Committee.
The Lavasa Committee has suggested modifications in some allowances applicable universally to all employees and also for those in specific categories, including railways and defence, after examining the 7th Pay Commission recommendations.
Lets see the some key points of 7th pay commission
- Now the HRA will be given in three categories X,Y,Z which will gain 24 per cent, 16 per cent and 8 per cent of new basic pay.
- That means now HRA will not be less than of than of Rs. 5,400, Rs. 3,600 and Rs. 1,800, which are calculated at 30, 20 and 10 per cent of minimum pay of Rs. 18,000 .this will give benefited to 7.5 lakh employees
- 7th pay commission also gives their concern to pensioners now medical allowances have been doubled to Rs. 1,000, compared to Rs. 500 earlier. Constant attendance allowance on 100 per cent disablement increased from Rs. 4,500 to Rs. 6,750.
- Nursing allownces also gets hike now they get 7200 per month previously this amount was 4800.
- Operationtheatre allowance increased from Rs. 360 per month to Rs. 540 per month and hospital patient care allowance (HPCA) patient care allowance (PCA) revised from Rs. 2,070-Rs. 2,100 to Rs. 4,100-Rs. 5,300 per month.
- Siachen allowances have been increased from Rs. 14,000 per month to Rs. 30,000 for soldiers and for officers the same will be Rs. 42,500 for extreme risk and hardship from Rs. 21,000 earlier.
- Ration money allowances to the armed forces will be given in cash and this cash would be directly be credited to their account. Allowance granted to CRPF personnel deployed in Naxal hit areas will be governed by the Risk and Hardship Matrix and will go up from Rs 8,400-16,800 per month to Rs 17,300-25000 per month.
- Rate of Children Education Allowance has been increased from Rs 1,500 per month per child (maximum 2) to Rs 2,250. Hostel Subsidy will also go up from Rs 4,500 to Rs 6,750 per month. Existing rates of Special Allowance for Child Care for Women with Disabilities has been doubled from Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000 per month.
Like us on Facebook for more updates